Meet the Cooking Oil that’s Better for People, Planet, and French Fries
Zero Acre oil is an innovative cooking oil for flavorful food with healthier fats and a tiny environmental footprint compared to most vegetable oils. Its clean and neutral taste makes flavors pop, and its performance is unbeatable - from frying to sautéing, aiolis, dressings, and everything else.
The heavy consumption of seed oils has been linked to health and environmental issues, but most restaurants, in need of a neutral oil that pours easily and has a decent smoke point for frying, haven't had a good alternative until Zero Acre.
Zero Acre oil is full of the same good fats we’ve eaten for thousands of years and made up of about 93% monounsaturated fat (even more than olive oil), 4% saturated fat, and 3% polyunsaturated fat.
These grasses are sourced from South America where they grow abundantly up to 20-feet tall! As the highest yielding crop in the world, sugarcane enables us to produce cooking oil using 99% less water than olive oil and 87% less land than canola oil. Unlike the annual monocrops used to make most vegetable oils, sugarcane is a perennial crop – meaning harvesting sugarcane is like mowing the lawn instead of ripping a plant out of the soil every year.
Raw sugar from sugarcane ferments in tanks over a few days. The sugar is naturally broken down and converted into oil – just as fermentation converts sugar into alcohol to make beer or wine. The result is a cooking oil high in healthy fats with a clean, neutral taste.
Once fermentation is complete, the oil is pressed, purified and tested for freshness and quality. We even share the specific fat profile and antioxidant content of every bottle of oil. Adulteration in the oil industry is a big issue and it’s why we make sure that Zero Acre oil is always pure and authentic.
Get in Touch
Or email email@example.com
I devoted an entire chapter in my first book to vegetable oils and the negative effects they can have on metabolic health. To imagine new heart-healthy oils that are sustainable, safe for cooking, and have favorable fatty acid profiles sounded like nothing short of a pipe dream—until I met the team at Zero Acre Farms.
Zero Acre oil is an all-purpose cooking oil made from rain-fed sugarcane plants, the highest yielding crop in the world. Natural fermentation breaks down raw sugar from the sugarcane and converts it to oil with a neutral taste and low carbon footprint. This method uses 99% less water than olive oil and 87% less land than canola oil.
It’s full of the same fats we’ve eaten for hundreds of thousands of years, made up of 93% healthy monounsaturated fat (making it even higher in good fat than olive oil), 4% saturated fat, and 3% polyunsaturated fat.
Good for any recipe, it has a clean taste that makes your ingredients shine, and a high smoke point for low-toxin cooking.
- Zero Acre oil contains more than 90% heart-healthy and heat-stable monounsaturated fat, even more than olive oil and avocado oil.
- Zero Acre oil contains less of the fats that have been linked to inflammation, heart disease, and poor health, with less than 3% omega-6 linoleic acid. That’s up to 10 times less than avocado oil, olive oil, and canola oil and 20-40 times less than sunflower oil, soybean oil, and grape seed oil.
- Zero Acre oil has a high smoke point and high oxidative stability, meaning it holds up to heat and storage, and doesn’t easily break down into compounds that harm our health. In a third-party study, cooking with Zero Acre oil was found to produce significantly fewer toxic aldehydes than with other cooking oils. You can read more about the results of this test in our health report.
- Zero Acre oil is vegan, keto, kosher, Whole30 Approved®, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, allergen-free, pesticide-free, glyphosate-free, non-GMO, and deforestation-free.
Zero Acre oil has a low environmental impact compared to most vegetable oils and offers a scalable solution to many of the environmental problems caused by vegetable oils. The production of Zero Acre oil results in:
- 87% less land use than canola oil
- 86% less greenhouse gas emissions than soybean oil
- 99% less water consumption than olive oil
- Comes in an infinitely-recyclable aluminum bottle
In order to put numbers to the environmental impact of different oils, an independent product life cycle analysis (LCA) was performed. The analysis found that the process behind Zero Acre oil results in a lower carbon and water footprint than nearly all major commercial vegetable oils.
A separate analysis looking at land use efficiency (the amount of land needed to produce one metric ton of oil) demonstrates that Zero Acre oil has the highest oil yield per acre compared to most major commercial vegetable oils.
Compared to the production of soybean oil, for example, Zero Acre oil emits 86% fewer greenhouse gases, consumes 83% less water, and uses 90% less land. Learn more about the results of this analysis in our sustainability report.
- A clean, neutral taste and high smoke point (up to 485ºF) make Zero Acre oil a versatile upgrade for all-purpose cooking duties.
- You can use Zero Acre oil for everything — deep fry, stir fry, roast, bake, sauté, dress, spray, brush, and drizzle.
- Zero Acre oil is liquid at room temperature and stays liquid in the fridge, making it great for dressings and marinades.
- Zero Acre oil has a high smoke point and high oxidative stability, meaning it holds up to heat and storage, and doesn’t easily break down into compounds that harm our health. In a third party study, cooking with Zero Acre oil was found to produce significantly fewer toxic aldehydes than with other cooking oils. Read more about the results of this test in our health report.
Zero Acre oil is safe to consume for those with common allergens, including soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, sesame seeds, shellfish, dairy, and gluten.
Yes. Zero Acre oil is non-GMO, is made from non-GMO sugarcane plants, and contains no genetically modified materials. Zero Acre oil is also Glyphosate Residue Free certified by The Detox Project.
Zero Acre leans into natural processes like fermentation and the world’s most sustainable plant sources like sugarcane to create better, more environmentally friendly cooking oil made up of the same healthy fats humans have relied on for hundreds of thousands of years.
While many crops are genetically modified to impart resistance to herbicides, such as glyphosate, Zero Acre oil is never exposed to herbicides or other chemicals aimed at killing other organisms.
As of January 2022, all food products that contain modified genetic material that cannot be found in nature must be labeled "Bioengineered." Zero Acre oil does not contain any such ingredients and is not bioengineered.